What curriculum does SMART Christian Academy use in their classrooms?
We use the Abeka Christian Curriculum in all of our classrooms.
Does SMART Christian Academy offer Before or After School Care?
We currently offer a before and after care program. Students may arrive as early as 6:30am and need to be collected by 5:30pm. Our school day runs from 8:15am through 3:15pm.
Does SMART Christian Academy offer multiple child discounts?
See our Tuition & Fees page.
Is there a dress code?
At SMART Christian Academy, we want children to be comfortable and modest for their day of learning.
What is SCA’s vision for the future?
Our vision is to expand our campus to accommodate PreK through 8th grade. Offering a Christian education during the most crucial developmental years is paramount.
It is our vision to develop helpful, attentive, wise, and kind children who are eager to thrive in their next steps of education. We aim to offer:
- accredited schooling for preschool through 8th grades
- multiple buildings with space and staff for special programs
- the care of skilled, diverse, and loving educators
What about discipline?
SMART Christian Academy strives to educate students in self awareness and responsibility. Each student is unique, and will be communicated with appropriately as situations arise.
Students are going to misbehave; it is a natural part of their development. It is important that the Academy staff disciple students through each of these moments at school, and that parents lovingly teach them at home. The distinction between discipling and disciplining is important, because having only a set of disciplinary consequences that make students feel a sense of shame or that they are “in trouble” does not effectively teach students how to behave.
What staff will do when a student misbehaves:
- Observe the whole situation
- Repeat – Redirect – Relocate in the classroom
- Refer to the behavior matrix as appropriate to re-establish the expected behavior AND to teach the student how their behavior shows their values
- Investigate conflicts and crises
- Allow all parties a chance to explain their side (at whatever time seems best)
- Question all parties thoroughly
- Investigate cameras and environments as needed
- Note the intensity of the conflict and/or crisis
- Exclude the student from the environment when the learning environment is stalled (send in the hall or to the office)
- Contact with parents will be made by the teacher (with support from others as appropriate) the same day as the student is sent out
- Refer the student to Breanna Morton as needed
Can parents be involved?
SMART Christian Academy encourages all parents to be involved with learning activities at home and at school. We provide many opportunities for parents to be included in classroom activities and school events.
Do parents have to sign a contract?
SMART Christian Academy requires parents to sign a yearly contract upon enrollment each year. If a situation arises that requires families to leave mid-year, a cancellation fee may apply.
Does SCA have a Non-Discriminatory Policy?
SMART Christian Academy welcomes students of any race, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, ability, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. In addition, the school does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies and athletic/extracurricular activities. The Academy does, however, reserve the right to deny the admission or discontinue the enrollment of any individual whose pattern of conduct and/or personal lifestyle is not safe to their peers or staff.